Skip to Main Content


how we determine policy rates


Below, you'll find a sampling of policy premiums for different amounts of coverage. If you have any additional questions or are ready to purchase flood insurance, you can contact an agent.

Moderate to Low Risk

Dotted Line

Toggle Arrow Residential: Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) (Zones B, C, X)

Building and Contents Contents Only
Coverage Annual Premium2,3 Coverage Annual Premium2
Without Basement or Enclosure6 With Basement or Enclosure5 Contents Above Ground7 All Other Locations8
$20,000/ $8,000 $129 $176 $8,000 $57 $79
$30,000/ $12,000 $183 $211 $12,000 $75 $106
$50,000/ $20,000 $240 $269 $20,000 $110 $147
$75,000/ $30,000 $281 $315 $30,000 $126 $168
$100,000/ $40,000 $312 $346 $40,000 $140 $187
$125,000/ $50,000 $334 $368 $50,000 $153 $207
$150,000/ $60,000 $356 $390 $60,000 $167 $226
$200,000/ $80,000 $390 $429 $80,000 $194 $248
$250,000/ $100,000 $414 $460 $100,000 $221 $271

Rates effective October 1, 2014

These PRP rates are for 1-4 Family Residential. Other residential building and contents coverage combinations are available.

1Add the $50.00 Probation Surcharge, if applicable.
2Premium includes Federal Policy Fee of $22.00
3Premium includes ICC premium fee of $5.00. Deduct this amount if the risk is a condominium unit.
4Contents-only policies are not available for contents located in basement only.
5Do not use this section of the table for buildings with crawl spaces or subgrade crawl spaces. See footnote 6.
6Use this section of the table for buildings with crawl spaces or subgrade crawl spaces.
7Content-only policies are not available for contents located in basement only.
8More than one floor.

Note: Properties that are newly mapped into a high-risk flood zone may qualify for a Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) under the PRP Eligibility Extension. Please contact an insurance agent to determine eligibility and premium.

Note: Residential condominium associations are not eligible for the PRP. Individual residential condominium units in residential condominium buildings are eligible for the PRP. In addition, individual residential condominium unit owners in nonresidential condominium buildings are only eligible for contents coverage. The deductibles apply separately to building and contents. Building deductible, $1,000. Contents deductible, $1,000.

To qualify for replacement cost claim settlement, a single-family dwelling must be the insured's principal residence and be insured to the maximum amount of insurance available under the program or no less than 80% of the replacement cost at the time of loss, whichever is less. Please refer to the Standard Flood Insurance Policy (SFIP) for further explanation and requirements.

Dotted Line

High-Risk Areas

Rates in high-risk areas (A and V Zones) are calculated based on a variety of factors, including elevation and building construction. Policies can be purchased for contents only, building only, or both contents and building coverage. Talk to a licensed insurance agent to determine the premium for your specific property.

Dotted Line

Questions for Your Agent Questions for Your Agent

A lot of things determine what policy is best for your business, so if you have questions, now's the time to ask.

Learn More

Know What's Covered Know What's Covered

Flood insurance covers property damage and personal items, but it's always smart to know what's covered.

Learn More


For flood insurance rating purposes, a primary residence is a building that will be lived in by the insured or the insured's spouse for at least 80 percent of the 365 days following the policy effective date. If the building will be lived in for less than 80 percent of the policy year, it is considered to be a non-primary residence.

How Can I get Covered?

  • Rate your risk
  • Estimate your premiums
  • Find an agent

Contact Us | Site Map | Help | NFIP
Change font size
Last Updated: Friday, 13-Mar-2015, 4:59 PM (EDT)

500 C Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20472
Disaster Assistance: (800) 621-FEMA, TTY (800) 462-7585
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Home | Contact FEMA | Privacy Policy | Required Notices | FOIA | | DHS | Agent Site | Accessibility