Skip to Main Content

Commercial Coverage

Preparation and Recovery Overview

Policy Rates

Below, you'll find a sampling of policy premiums for different amounts of coverage.

If you have any additional questions or are ready to purchase flood insurance, you can contact an agent.

Rates effective April 1, 2015.

Find Your Rates

Moderate-to Low-Risk Areas
NON-RESIDENTIAL: Preferred Risk Policy (ZONES B, C, X)1,2,3
A non-residential policy, based on preferred premiums, provides qualified structures in moderate-to low-risk areas with two types of coverage: Building & Contents and Contents Only.

Building & Contents4Contents Only
CoverageAnnual PremiumCoverageAnnual Premium
 Without Basement or Enclosure6With Basement or Enclosure5 Contents Above Ground (more than one floor)All Other Locations (basement only not eligible)

1 Add a $25 HFIAA surcharge for policies covering primary residences only if the named insured's primary residence is a single-family dwelling, an individual condominium unit, or an apartment in a non-condominium building. Add a $250 HFIAA surcharge for all other policies.
2 Add the $50 Probation Surcharge, if applicable.
3 Premium includes a 10% Reserve Fund Assessment and $22 Federal Policy Fee.
4 Premium includes ICC Premium of $5 for non-residential coverage up to $480,000 and $4 for coverage over $480,000.
5 Do not use this section of the table for buildings with crawlspaces or subgrade crawlspaces; see footnote 6. Use this section of the table if a building elevated on a crawlspace has an attached garage without openings.
6 Use this section of the table for buildings with crawlspaces or subgrade crawlspaces.

Note: All non-residential buildings, including non-residential condominium buildings, are eligible for the Preferred Risk Policy. In addition, individual residential condominium unit owners in non-residential condominium buildings are eligible for Contents-Only coverage. The deductibles apply separately to buildings and contents. Building deductible, $1,000. Contents deductible, $1,000.

Note: Replacement Cost coverage is not available for the building or contents. All claims will be settled using Actual Cash Value (depreciated value).

The NFIP's Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) covers commercial property in areas of moderate- to low-risk. This brochure provides information for building owners and tenants on premiums and coverage amounts.

High-Risk Areas

Rates in high-risk areas (A and V Zones) are calculated based on a variety of factors, including elevation and building construction. Policies can be purchased for contents only, building only, or both contents and building coverage. Talk to a licensed insurance agent to determine the premium for your specific property.

PDF Icon
Note: Adobe Reader is required to download
PDF documents.
Download the Free Adobe Reader.


For flood insurance rating purposes, a primary residence is a building that will be lived in by the insured or the insured's spouse for at least 80 percent of the 365 days following the policy effective date. If the building will be lived in for less than 80 percent of the policy year, it is considered to be a non-primary residence.

How Can I get Covered?

  • Rate your risk
  • Estimate your premiums
  • Find an agent

Contact Us | Site Map | Help | NFIP
Change font size
Last Updated: Thursday, 21-Jan-2016, 9:41 AM (EST)

500 C Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20472
Disaster Assistance: (800) 621-FEMA, TTY (800) 462-7585
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Home | Contact FEMA | Privacy Policy | Required Notices | FOIA | | DHS | Agent Site | Accessibility