Skip to Main Content


Frequently Asked Questions

What will my agent need to convert my policy back to a PRP?

Acceptable forms of documentation for the current and prior map information include:

  • A Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA)
  • A Letter of Map Revision (LOMR)
  • A Letter of Determination Review (LODR)
  • A copy of flood map marked to show the location and flood zone of the building
  • A signed and dated letter from a local community official indicating the address, flood zone, map panel and map effective date
  • An Elevation Certificate (EC), indicating the address and flood zone of the building, that is signed and dated by a surveyor, engineer, architect, or local community official
  • A flood zone determination certification that guarantees the accuracy of the information

Back to Frequently Asked Questions: Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) Eligibility Extension


For flood insurance rating purposes, a primary residence is a building that will be lived in by the insured or the insured's spouse for at least 80 percent of the 365 days following the policy effective date. If the building will be lived in for less than 80 percent of the policy year, it is considered to be a non-primary residence.

How Can I get Covered?

  • Rate your risk
  • Estimate your premiums
  • Find an agent

Contact Us | Site Map | Help | NFIP
Change font size
Last Updated: Tuesday, 21-Apr-2015, 1:44 PM (EDT)

500 C Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20472
Disaster Assistance: (800) 621-FEMA, TTY (800) 462-7585
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Home | Contact FEMA | Privacy Policy | Required Notices | FOIA | | DHS | Agent Site | Accessibility