Skip to Main Content


You can cover your home
and its contents for one low price.

A Preferred Risk Policy (PRP) is a lower cost option available to homeowners and renters in moderate- to low-risk areas. Use our Flood Risk Profile to find out if you may be eligible for a PRP.

Anyone can be financially vulnerable to floods.

In moderate- to low-risk areas, the risk of flooding is reduced, but not completely removed. People outside of high-risk areas file over 20% of NFIP claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding. When it's available, disaster assistance is typically a loan you must repay with interest. Find out what flood-risk area you live in by using our Flood Risk Profile to the right.

Only flood insurance covers flood damage.

Standard homeowners insurance doesn't cover flood damage.But with a Preferred Risk Policy, you can get coverage for your home and its contents.

Find your flood risk by using the Flood Risk Profile to the right.

Rate effective January 1, 2011

Contact Us | Site Map | Help | NFIP
Last Updated: Wednesday, 20-Apr-2016, 4:59 PM (EDT)

500 C Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20472
Disaster Assistance: (800) 621-FEMA, TTY (800) 462-7585
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
FEMA Home | Contact FEMA | Privacy Policy | Required Notices | FOIA | | DHS | Agent Site | Accessibility