What impacts flood insurance policy costs?
A number of factors are considered when determining your annual flood insurance premium. These factors include:
- Flood risk (e.g., your flood zone)
- The type of coverage being purchased (e.g. building and contents coverage)
- The deductible and amount of building and contents coverage
- The location of your structure
- The design and age of your structure
- The location of your structure’s contents (e.g. Are your utilities elevated?)
Your property’s elevation
For properties in high-risk flood areas built after the first Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood maps, the elevation of the building in relation to the base flood elevation is also a factor.
Learn more about elevation certificates and how you can pay less.